Monday, March 30, 2009

Utica Greens Recipe


My plan is to share with all of you some of my favorite or new recipes that we have found. Our latest is this Utica Greens Recipe:
1 cup chicken broth
1 large Escarole(2 small heads)
2 long Italian hot peppers, seeded & julienned (I used hot cherry peppers)
1/4 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
2 tbsps olive oil
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
4 slices prosciutto, thin slices, sliced
1-2 garlic clove, sliced (I used chopped garlic)
salt & pepper to taste
clean and rinse escarole twice, chop in large pieces, boil 5-6 min. until tender, saute garlic & prosciutto 2-3 mins,add pepper cook another 1 min, add escarole and all other ingredients. Gradually add bread crumbs & grated cheese, tossing carefully.
Place in a casserole, sprinkle with a little bread crumbs, place under broiler 3-4 mins. Serve hot- (I think for those who like it kicked up like Scott, Mick, Butch, Eric and David add more peppers!!!)

5 comments:

Gale said...

I am so looking forward to your recipes, keep them coming. You are right, Mick would love this & the hotter the better. I'm trying this over the weekend. I've been after Eric to start cooking. All he eats every night is pasta with Dinosaur BBQ sauce.

Boonelli said...

I like it with alittle heat but not like the guys! Share this with Eric- I reheated some for lunch today and it was excellant even the second day! Next will be our favorite Chicken Riggie recipe.

Boonelli said...

PS. Welcome to my blog GEL-OH
One day hope to be a professional blogger like you!

lilpoppy said...

I love to make Chicken Riggies! I always just wing it from about three recipes combined so it would be great to have just one to follow.

Amie said...

Mmmm...that sounds AMAZING! I am starving...your recipes may not be so good for my stomach in the morning! But keep them coming!